Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pre-Japan Preparation Day 5: The Penultimate Day

Wassup Hoes,

I went to Chicago today, my love, and spent quite a bit of time wandering about and eating at various delicious locales. It was a quaint and beautiful farewell. The only regret of the day I had was I couldn't find a hobo to hug goodbye. Taking the train into the city always offers up a beautiful skyline view, and seeing it today almost brought tears to my eyes. Immuh miss you my little brie.
Chocolate Decadence












We ended up going thrifting in boystown for like two minutes but ate delicious food at clarks in which I couldn't handle ketchup bottles and then we migrated to Lincoln Square. The second we stepped off the el we were accosted by the sound of Polka and the smell of beer. It seems that today was the German-American Festival, it was like it was made for me as a farewell gift~ We ate AWESOME, NUMMY DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE DECADENCE FROM JULIUS MEINL. I bought a German flag to bring with me to Japan to decorate my room and represent.

It was a nice send off from Kyle and Hillary and I'm glad I got to spend my last day in America in one of my favorite places with some of my favorite people. Now all I have left to do is pack up my computer in the morning and leave for the airport. It's starting to get really, really scary. Shit is getting real now, bro. I only can hope that I'm ready.

I GOT THIS,
~BPuddin

1 comment:

  1. I'll try and visit Chicago at least once while you're gone and take pictures with everything...you know, so you feel nice and homesick. lol.

    German-American Festival XDD perfect send off indeed!

    -Boballi <33

    ReplyDelete